What is PRP?
PRP stands for platelet rich plasma. We obtain the PRP from a blood draw. The blood is spun down and the layer on top is the PRP that is rich in platelets. Platelets contain growth factors that can rejuvenate skin, hair and improve the appearance of scars.
WE HAVE CHOSEN TO USE HI CONCENTRATION PRP. THIS MEANS THAT THE PRP INJECTED CONTAINS MORE PLATELETS, RESULTING IN MORE REJUVENATING GROWTH FACTORS. WE ARE SEEING BETTER RESULTS WITH THIS APPROACH.
During this procedure the high concentration PRP is injected in the scalp. The growth factors increase blood flow, decrease inflammation and can revitalize the hair follicle. PRP is only effective if the follicle is still alive. PRP is best in areas of thinning, not complete balding.
How do you know if PRP is for you?
Everyone is unique and special. However, we are seeing better success with these factors
- The presence of thinning hair. Areas that are smooth and bald typically do not have viable hair follicles and do no respond as well.
- Hair loss that is more recent. If we are able to intervene sooner, the likelihood of success is better.
- Those with adequate nutrition and a healthy lifestyle tend to have a better response. We highly recommend Vitamin D and the supplement Viviscal.
We recommend that you start with a Virtual Consultation. Please fill out the hair loss history and text pictures to our secure, private line 770-649-0094
PRICING: Initial package of 2 High Concentration PRP treatments is $1975. These sessions are spaced 3 months apart. Maintenance treatments every 6 months are highly recommended.
- Once you arrive at the office, we will take you back to the treatment room and answer any questions you may have. You will sign the Consent.
- Dr. Kelley will inject numbing medication in 4 locations (1 in each brow and 2 along the back of the skull) to make the procedure as comfortable as possible.
- While the numbing is taking effect, a 60 ml blood draw will be performed for preparing the PRP. We use a double spin system called the Genius PRP to process the PRP.
- After about 15-20 minutes, the PRP injections are performed.
- You are able to go home. We advise that you avoid shampooing your hair, avoid wearing anything that puts pressure on the scalp and avoid anti-inflammatory medications like Advil and Aleve.